For those businesses on JobKeeper, there are a couple of points to note relating to the month of August 2020.
- The month of August 2020 has three JobKeeper fortnights, being:
- The fortnight ending 3 August;
- The fortnight ending 17 August; and
- The fortnight ending 31 August.
This means that businesses will need to ensure that they have paid sufficient wages to incorporate three JobKeeper fortnights and will receive $4,500 per eligible employee on lodgement of their monthly JobKeeper declaration for the month of August.
- As previously advised, Treasury recently announced that from 3 August 2020, JobKeeper will become available for (i) all full-time and part-time employees who commenced employment on or before 1 July 2020 (i.e. rather than 1 March 2020); and (ii) all casual employees who have been employed on a regular and ongoing basis since 1 July 2019 (i.e. rather than 1 March 2019). Treasury has also announced that employers will be required to provide JobKeeper nomination notices to those employees that now become eligible for the JobKeeper program as a result of the revised 1 July 2020 employment test date by 21 August 2020.
As a result of the above change, the ATO has advised that for the month of August 2020 only, businesses only need to ensure they have satisfied the JobKeeper minimum wage condition (i.e. $4,500 for the month of August) by 31 August 2020. This will provide more time for businesses to assess whether any employees not originally on the JobKeeper program have become eligible to be included in the program as a result of the 1 July 2020 test date that now applies.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via your Banks Group representative, (03) 9810 0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.