As a result of returning to Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions, the Victorian Government has announced a new $5,000 grant to support eligible businesses operating within metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire to get through the renewed COVID-19 lockdowns.
Based on the application criteria under the former ‘Restricted Postcodes Business Support Program’, businesses will likely be able to apply for the new grant through the expanded Business Support Fund if they meet the following conditions:
- Operate in an area under Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions (not necessarily their registered address)
- Are an employing business
- Currently registered to pay GST
- Payroll of less than $3 million per annum
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 16 March 2020
- Have been engaged in carrying out the operation of the business in Victoria on 16 March 2020
Businesses that have already received a $10,000 Business Support Fund grant or payroll tax refund or waiver are still able to apply for this $5,000 grant.
Full guidelines and information on eligibility will be released shortly by the Victorian Government. In the meantime, businesses can register their interest in receiving support via the Business Victoria website.