Further to our previous release in relation to the Circuit Breaker Support Package announced by the Victorian Government, the Business Costs Assistance Program has now opened. Applications for the grant will close on 16 March 2021.
Eligible taxpayers can apply for the $2,000 grant by way of making application via the Business Victoria website.
In order to be eligible to receive the $2,000 grant, a business must satisfy the following conditions:
- It must be located in Victoria.
- When it originally applied for its ABN, It must have been registered as operating in an eligible sector identified in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes in this link.
- It must have incurred costs as a direct result of the circuit breaker lockdown announced on 12 February 2021 such as loss of perishable goods, cancellation fees & charges and other costs that could not be reasonably avoided.
- It must have payroll of less than $3M in 2019/20.
- It must have held an ABN and have been registered for GST as at 12 February 2021.
Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund
Another grant announced as part of the Circuit Breaker Support Package was the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund. Eligible businesses that already received a grant through the fund will be eligible to receive a further one-off payment of $3,000 per eligible premises. No application is required to be made to receive this grant.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via your Banks Group representative, (03) 9810 0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions relating to the above.