As mentioned in our recent bulletin, the Victorian Government previously announced the introduction of the Outdoor Economy Program on 18 October 2021.
As part of the program, applications for $2,000 vouchers are now able to be applied for by eligible businesses that wish to invest in outdoor equipment to facilitate outdoor trading.
In order to be eligible to apply for the $2,000 voucher, the following conditions need to be satisfied:
- The business must hold an ABN and be registered for GST as at 15 October 2021.
- The business must operate in Victoria but excluding the City of Melbourne area.
- The business must have an annual payroll not exceeding $3M for the 2020 financial year.
- The business must be registered with an appropriate ANZSIC code or must be a Victorian Traders Association or must be a registered charity.
- The business must attest that it has a workable plan to move activities outdoors and to spend at least $2,000 in doing so within 3 months.
- The business must not have previously received funding under the Outdoor Eating & Entertainment package in December 2020.
Under the scheme, those businesses that receive a COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher will be required to provide proof of items purchased to the Department of Jobs, Precincts & Regions.
Applications for vouchers must be made by the business owner directly and can be made via this link.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via your Banks Group representative, (03) 9810 0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.