Banks Group is constantly looking for professionals who exhibit a positive attitude, have a strong work ethic and like taking a proactive approach in a team-oriented environment.
We offer people at all stage of their career the opportunity to join a young and dynamic team. We also provide access to valuable on-the-job experience for graduates. All employees at Banks Group are valued members of the team and have continuous access to our in-house training programs.
Intermediate Accountant — Business Services Team – Melbourne
We are seeking an Intermediate Accountant with between 2 and 3 years’ experience in professional practice to join our Business Services Tax team.
As one of the largest suburban Accounting Firms, we offer our clients a diverse range of integrated services. You will be working on a client portfolio which will enable you to work on interesting and complex projects.
You will be involved in tax compliance and business consultancy, with a client portfolio which spans a variety of industries. You will be given the scope to work on diverse and complex jobs to further develop your tax and business advisory services skills.
At Banks Group, we have a strong focus on training and professional development to ensure your career objectives are consistently met.
It is anticipated that in a senior role you will have completed your CA or CPA whereas in an intermediate role it is anticipated that you will have commenced your CA or CPA studies. In either role you will have worked in a similar or larger Australian firm.
We offer all our staff the following:
- Structured training, development and mentoring programs
- A formal Career Path
- A vibrant, young and dynamic culture
- Excellent remuneration packaging with annual increases and recognition for outstanding performance
- Flexible work practices
- Support and study leave for further learning
- Health and lifestyle initiatives, such as annual flu injections and weekly yoga classes conducted in our office
- Modern environment with advanced technology
- Banks Group Charity foundation supporting our local community
The successful candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to engage with clients and build strong relationships is essential in these roles. A sound work ethic, team spirit, an eye for detail combined with a confident professional manner will secure either of these positions.
To make an application, forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Adviser – Financial Planning Team – Melbourne
- Successful, supportive team environment
- Work with dynamic industry leaders
- Excellent remuneration package
Since 1978 Banks Group has grown into the one of the premier Accounting firms in Melbourne. Now with the support of our Sydney, Perth & New Zealand offices we have grown to over 100 staff. Providing services in Accounting and Financial Planning our service lines have some of the most dynamic and dominant players in the industry.
Due to expansion of our Wealth Management division, we are seeking to recruit a Financial Adviser. Working closely with the Director you will be responsible for growing an existing portfolio of clients as well as new business development.
To be successful as a Financial Adviser, you will be able to:
- Liaise with clients in an open and professional manner.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills to ensure full assessment of a client’s financial needs and to provide advice to clients that is in their best interest.
- Ensure clients are reviewed in accordance with their service agreement.
- Attend to client queries via phone or email regarding their financial information or the advice provided.
- Ability to prepare compliant SOA’s / ROA’s in accordance with client’s needs and objectives in essential.
- Ensure compliance of SOA’s to meet industry regulations and guidelines.
- Implementation of advice in a timely manner.
- Ability to navigate through financial planning software (experience with xplan preferred).
The Director will provide a portfolio of clients to work with and there will also be opportunity and an expectation to grow the client portfolio. The accounting practice will provided referrals and the expectation will be that these referrals will be wealth accumulators that require advice on investments, superannuation & insurance.
The client portfolio will include, insurance only clients, clients with investments portfolios as well as superannuation funds and also retiree clients with pensions, which in some cases may have Centrelink issues.
Qualifications you require:
- Tertiary Degree or CFP or Masters in Financial Planning
- Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning (RG146)
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a confident professional manner
- Experience using XPlan is preferred
To apply please forward your CV through to email@example.com.