Banks Group is constantly looking for professionals who exhibit a positive attitude, have a strong work ethic and like taking a proactive approach in a team-oriented environment.
We offer people at all stages of their career the opportunity to join a young and dynamic team. We also provide access to valuable on-the-job experience for graduates. All employees at Banks Group are valued members of the team and have continuous access to our in-house training programs.
Since 1978 Banks Group has grown into one of the premier accounting firms in Melbourne. Now with the support of a network of offices in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria we have a premium brand which offers a holistic range of services. Providing services in Accounting, Financial Planning, Audit & Assurance, Management Accounting and Superannuation, our service lines have some of the most dynamic and dominant players in the industry.
Financial Accountant (Melbourne)
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Financial Accountant/Practice Accountant to work directly with the Finance & Operations Manager.
Your enthusiastic, analytical mind and your appetite for professional development will ensure your path to a more senior finance role will be realised.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Preparation and analysis of monthly results and management reports
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and on-going forecasts for the business
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations and consolidation reporting
- Drive and contribute to the production of financial results at month & year-end
- Ensure data integrity and control monthly financial close process and deadlines
- Work with Accounts Assistant to ensure invoices and payments are processed in a timely manner
- Oversee and manage all aspects of payroll
- Manage accurate and timely preparation and lodgement of BAS and FBT
Applicants must have a degree in Accounting or Finance and a CPA or CA qualification. Experience using Xero is essential as is advanced Excel skills.
You will be articulate, immaculately presented and have highly developed analytical and problem solving skills. You will have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally.
If you or anyone within your network is interested in having a confidential discussion about this role please contact:
Annabelle Welsh | People & Culture Manager
T: 03 9810 0700