Banks Group is constantly looking for professionals who exhibit a positive attitude, have a strong work ethic and like taking a proactive approach in a team-oriented environment.
We offer people at all stages of their career the opportunity to join a young and dynamic team. We also provide access to valuable on-the-job experience for graduates. All employees at Banks Group are valued members of the team and have continuous access to our in-house training programs.
Senior Tax Accountant – Melbourne Office
Due to expansion, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant/Supervisor to join our Business Services Tax division. In this role you will be working on our largest and most complex jobs, working with a diverse and established client base.
We are seeking an Accountant who has completed their CA/CPA qualification with 4 – 8 years’ public practice experience with the following competencies:
- Capable of strategic planning and thinking
- Ability to add to our existing depth of technical expertise
- Demonstrates high professional standards
- Provide strong leadership to the firm
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills
- Strong people skills
Experience in an Intermediate/Senior Accountant role in a similar or larger Australian Accounting firm required.
To apply, please forward your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9810 0700.
Senior Accountant – Perth Office
Banks Group Perth is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is seeking a leadership role.
Ideally, you will have the following experience and characteristics:
- 6+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Leadership qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- A good team spirit and an empathy towards other people
Duties include, but are not limited to, all aspects of corporate tax and associated accounting such as:
- prepare, or assist in preparing, tax returns for high net wealth individuals and small to medium businesses, ensuring compliance with all tax requirements;
- prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- oversee the preparation of ASIC forms, and all other company secretarial requirements, as necessary;
- apply interviewing skills to obtain initial information from clients;
- interview clients to obtain additional information as queries arise;
- tax planning;
- preparation of consulting advice in respect of income tax, fringe benefits tax, capital gains tax, and goods and services tax;
- overseeing the management of clients, including:
– management and analysis of billing, WIP and debtors;
– ensuring that bills are prepared on a timely basis;
– lodgement deadlines and prioritising preparation of client work.
- supervision and training of staff, including:
– being responsible for the direction of staff in their work duties;
– the assisting of staff with their queries;
– the review of staff work;
- work closely with the Partner, or a group of Partners, to grow the practice, including;
– effectively communicating all staff and client matters with the Partner.
To apply, please forward your CV with covering letter to email@example.com or call Banks Group Perth on (08) 9486 2333.