Banks Group is constantly looking for professionals who exhibit a positive attitude, have a strong work ethic and like taking a proactive approach in a team-oriented environment.
We offer people at all stages of their career the opportunity to join a young and dynamic team. We also provide access to valuable on-the-job experience for graduates. All employees at Banks Group are valued members of the team and have continuous access to our in-house training programs.
At Banks Group our mission is to make your business our business.
Since 1978, Banks Group has grown into one of the premier accounting firms in Melbourne. Now with the support of our Sydney and New Zealand offices, we have grown to over 120 staff.
We offer a highly valued accounting and advisory service that encompasses tax advisory, audit, management accounting, financial planning and funds management. Our service lines have some of the most dynamic and dominant players in the industry.
Our key values of trust, being progressive, being knowledgeable, being responsive, passion and going the extra mile, drive our business and are integral in who we are and everything we do.
General Manager/Practice Manager
We are seeking to employ a dynamic and progressive General Manager/Practice Manager to oversee the operational management and continued development of the business. Reporting to the Director of Operations, your exposure to Accounting and Finance, Administration, Marketing, Human Resources and IT will be fully utilised in this diverse role.
The successful applicant will have a sound knowledge of the Accounting profession and have:
- A proven track record of management of an Accounting or Professional Services firm
- Financial and budget management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- A high level of computer literacy
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Financial and overall budget and cash flow management
- Development and implementation of corporate business plans
- Creating a collaborative and high-performance culture across all divisions
- Development and implementation of operational policies and strategies
- Management and development of the HR function including, recruitment, onboarding, learning and development, performance management and succession planning
- Participate and coordinate annual, performance & salary reviews for all staff
- Property (office) and asset management
- Management of the IT function including hardware, software and policies together with external IT providers
- Actively foster and develop a range of community and commercial relationships
Applicants must have a degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and experience in managing an accounting or professional services practice. You will be articulate, immaculately presented and have highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills. You will have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally.
If you or anyone within your network is interested in having a confidential discussion about this role, please forward your CV to email@example.com or phone (03) 9810 0700.