On 11 August 2020, the guidelines for the new Restart Investment to Sustain and Expand (RISE) fund were released by the Federal Government. RISE – part of the Government’s $250 million COVID-19 Creative Economy Support Package – will provide competitive seed funding for new productions, festivals and events to support the successful re-opening of Australia’s creative and cultural sector.
The $75 million in competitive grant funding in 2020-21 will be allocated in grants ranging from $75,000 to $2 million, depending on the scope of the grant activity and its complexity. Other smaller or larger grant amounts may be considered on a case-by-case basis, particularly for activities that target audiences in outer metropolitan, regional and remote areas.
Applications for grants will be open from 31 August 2020 (9.00am AEST) until 31 May 2021 (11.30pm AEST), subject to the allocation of funds.
To be eligible to apply for a grant, your primary purpose must be the arts and entertainment and you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST (if applicable)
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- comply with all regulatory, industry and legal requirements in relation to copyright, licensing and employment
- be located in any part of Australia
- provide a co-contribution to the activity
You must also be one of the following entity types:
- a company
- a local government-owned entity
- a partnership
- a joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation
- a not-for-profit organisation
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 20067
- a Sole Trader with employees
For further information on the RISE fund, please click here to view the full guidelines.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via your Banks Group representative, (03) 9810 0700 or email@example.com if you have any further questions.