Creative Victoria recently announced the Victorian Music Industry Recovery Program to provide funding of between $4,000 – $50,000 to successful applicants. Applications will close at 5pm on 22 October 2020.
The program offers grants for Victorian-based contemporary music artists and businesses involved in the music industry. Included within the realm of those potentially eligible for the grant include songwriters, musicians, technicians, production companies, roadies, recording studios and labels.
The program aims to support the Victorian music industry which has been severely impacted by COVID-19. The program will provide funding to enable individuals and business to:
- Commence work on activities that maintain Victorian COVIDSafe measures
- Undertake and release new works that can be commercialised
- Find new ways of working and delivery pathways to connect with audiences
- Upskill music professionals and businesses through professional development and mentoring opportunities
Applications will need to meet the requirements of the following funding streams:
- Stream 1 – Victorian First Peoples applicants
- Stream 2 – Victorian Deaf & Disabled applicants
- Stream 3 – Development of new work
- Stream 4 – Training and professional/business development
Full details of the Victorian Music Industry Recovery Program can be found on the Creative Victoria website.
Applications will be accepted through Creative Victoria’s Grants Portal.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via your Banks Group representative, (03) 9810 0700 or email@example.com if you have any further questions.